As Catholics we profess to believe in the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come, but what exactly does this mean? In this fundamental series we will explore the origin, context, and meanings of the Christian beliefs about the afterlife in the New Testament.
Prof. Candida Moss is Professor of New Testament and Early Christianity at the University of Notre Dame. Author or editor of four books and over thirty articles, she has participated in documentaries for the National Geographic, History, and Discovery Channels.
On Wednesday evenings, February 21st through and including March 21st, we will show at St. Columba Church 2 or 3 DVD episodes,each lasting 25 minutes.
Wednesday, February 21, at 7:00 pm
1. Introduction and Background to Ancient Views on the Afterlife.
2. Paul 1: Judgment Day and the Rapture
3. Paul 2: Resurrected Bodies
Wednesday, February 28, at 7:00 pm
4. Paul 3: Mysticism and Heaven
5. Gospels 1: The Resurrection of Jesus
6. Gospels 2: Mark and Angelic Bodies
Wednesday, March 7, at 7:00 pm
7. Gospels 3: Hell and Punishment
8. The Heavenly Treasury
Wednesday, March 14, at 7:00 pm
9. Revelation 1: The Blood of the Martyrs
10. Revelation 2: The Lake of Fire
Wednesday, March 21, at 7:00 pm
11. Revelation 3: The Heavenly Jerusalem
12. Ethics, Pedagogy, and the Afterlife